The name Shangbala is Tibetan giving the same meaning as "Shangri-la". It is a Tibetan featured hotel located on Barkhor Bazaar in downtown Lhasa. The traffic is very convenient, with the renowned Jokhang Temple in its east and the Potala Palace in west.
It has unique decoration and well facilities with accommodation, food & beverage, entertainment, shopping, business center with meeting hall.
- The Chinese restaurant accommodates 160 peoples having meals at same time. Mainly offer Sichuan & Cantonese food.
- The western restaurant offers the best continental food.
- The Cafe & Tea Bar will provide all kind of Chinese tea, Cafe, Beverages with dainty snacks.
- Room services are provided 24 hours.
- The Beauty Parlor services including Shampoo, Hair-cut with Massage.
- The lobby shopping center displayed with the characteristic of Tibetan including local folk art-crafts, Tibetan style daily goods.
The major tourist spot from hotel as following
40 mins driving distance to the Lhasa Airport
8 mins driving distance to Lhasa new Railway station
3 mins walking distance to Jokhang Temple
5 mins driving distance to Potala Palace
5 mins driving distance to Norbu Lingka & Tibetan Museum
Hotel has totally 108 rooms include: 89 standard rooms, 14 deluxe single rooms, 5 deluxe suites that well equipment with air-conditioner, closed circuit TV, IDD and 24 hours hot water and mini-bar. Each room is good view of Potala Palace & Jokhang Temple.