Three Gorges Museum
With another name - Chongqing Museum，Three Gorges Museum is not only a specified museum of Three Gorges but also a comprehensive museum of history and art, owning a collection of over 170,000 pieces of cultural relics. The exhibition hall covers 23,225 square meters, including four basic exhibitions and six special exhibitions. The four basic exhibitions are
• The Splendid Three Gorges which reflects the cultural and historical spirits of Three Gorges- a river canyon with the best natural miracle and the greatest cultural profoundness in the world.
• Far-Ancient Ba Yu which introduces the origin and development of Chongqing history.
• The History of Chongqing which describes the changes of Chongqing City in the 20th century
• The Anti-Japanese War (1937-1945) which records the wartime ordeals of the people in Chongqing.
The six special exhibitions are:
• Paintings and calligraphies through the ages
• Porcelains of various dynasties
• Coins of various dynasties
• Sculptures of the Han Dynasty (206BC-220)
• Folk customs of the people of southwest China
• Cultural relics donated by Li Chuli
• Sculptures of the Han Dynasty
Three Gorges Museum is free of charge opening from 09:00 - 17:00 (Close on Monday) and the last entry is at 16:00.
More Attractions in Chongqing
Recommended China Tours Including Three Gorges Museum Chongqing
This is a tour package that including the most popular cities along the Yangtze River, with several transportations co ...
This tour is your lifetime journey in China, covering the most renowned sites in the country: Guilin, Yangshuo, Lijian ...
In this July & Augest, we offer a 5-day Yangtze Cruise Summer Camp (Yichang to Chongqing) for our honor guests to bett ...
Find something useful to you at Easy Tour China website.