Three Gorges Museum
With another name - Chongqing Museum，Three Gorges Museum is not only a specified museum of Three Gorges but also a comprehensive museum of history and art, owning a collection of over 170,000 pieces of cultural relics. The exhibition hall covers 23,225 square meters, including four basic exhibitions and six special exhibitions. The four basic exhibitions are
• The Splendid Three Gorges which reflects the cultural and historical spirits of Three Gorges- a river canyon with the best natural miracle and the greatest cultural profoundness in the world.
• Far-Ancient Ba Yu which introduces the origin and development of Chongqing history.
• The History of Chongqing which describes the changes of Chongqing City in the 20th century
• The Anti-Japanese War (1937-1945) which records the wartime ordeals of the people in Chongqing.
The six special exhibitions are:
• Paintings and calligraphies through the ages
• Porcelains of various dynasties
• Coins of various dynasties
• Sculptures of the Han Dynasty (206BC-220)
• Folk customs of the people of southwest China
• Cultural relics donated by Li Chuli
• Sculptures of the Han Dynasty
Three Gorges Museum is free of charge opening from 09:00 - 17:00 (Close on Monday) and the last entry is at 16:00.
More Attractions in Chongqing
Recommended China Tours Including Three Gorges Museum Chongqing
Take this 9-day tour in China in a leisurely and easy way. The trip starts from the beautiful city – Dalian, then fly ...
China Focus Tour will introduce you the enchanting world of China where you will see the exotic pagodas, ancient relic ...
This 7-day trip offers relaxing experience on Yangtze River by a comfortable cruise and combined with ancient historic ...
Find something useful to you at Easy Tour China website.