6-day Tour to Lhasa
Tour code: LH-02
This specially-designed Tibet tour is for those who want to explore the cultural & natural sites inside and outside Lhasa. You will visit the monasteries in Lhasa and Shigatse, and pilgrim to the holy lake Yomdrok. Just take this trip and have unforgettable lhasa experience!
Upon arrival at the Gonggar airport or train station, our guide will meet you and transfer to your hotel in Lhasa. Free time to acclimatize for the rest of the day.
Day 2 Lhasa (B, L)
Full day city tour of The Potala Palace, The Jokhang Temple, and Barkhor Street.
- The Potala Palace: a monumental building of Lhasa served as administrative center, seat of government, monastery, fortress and the home of all the Dalai Lamas from the Fifth to the Fourteenth in the past, a UNESCO world cultural heritage site of 1994.
- The Jokhang Temple: 1300 years old with a golden roof and one of Tibet's holiest shrines.
- Barkhor Street: the Barkhor is essentially a pilgrim circuit, which is followed clockwise round the periphery of the Jokhang. Shaped roughly like an octagon, it is also a hive of market activity.
Day 3 Lhasa (B, L)
Full day city tour of Sera Monastery, Drepung Monastery, Norbulingka, and visit The Carpet Factory.
- Sera Monastery: it was first built in 1419, and the debating among monks is a very interesting scene of this monastery.
- Drepung Monastery: first built in 1416, it was once the biggest monasteries in Tibet.
- Norbulingka: it used to be the Summer Palace of the Dalai Lama.
Day 4 Lhasa/Gyantze/Shigatze (B, L)
Yamdrok Lake, Tibet photoDrive from Lhasa to Shigatse (about 350km). On the way visit Yamdrok Lake, Nojin Kangtsang Glacier near Karola Pass and Palkhor Monastery. Overnight in Shigatse.
- Yomdrok Lake: one of the three Holy Lakes in Tibet, also a pilgrimage site for Tibetans.
- Palkhor Monastery: a unique monastery housing three schools of Tibetan Buddhism: Sakya, Gelugpa and Gedang. It also features a well-known "Kumbum Stupa", meaning a hundred thousand images.
Day 5 Shigatse/Lhasa (B, L)
Visit Tashilumpo Monastery. Drive along the Yaluzangbu River back to Lhasa.
- Tashilhunpo Monastery: one of the Six Big Monasteries of Gelugpa (or Yellow Hat Sect) in Tibet. It is the seat of the Panchen Lama since the Fourth Panchen Lama took charge in the monastery.
Day 6 Lhasa (B)
Transfer to the airport or train station.
|Included Services||Non-included Services|
|Private transfers airport/hotel/airport;||International/domestic flights or trains;|
|Private tours escorted by an English-speaking guide;||Excess luggage charge (the luggage allowance at economy class is 20kg);|
|Accommodations with daily breakfast;||Personal expense;|
|Meals specified in the itinerary as B=breakfast,L=lunch, D=dinner;||Any meals not specified as "B, L or D";|
|Admission fees.||Gratuities to guides and drivers.|
Other Lhasa Tour Packages
Come join this exotic Tibet group tour in 2015 to visit the roof of the world - Mt. Everest and some breathtaking scen ...
Exotic Tibet fascinates everyone of us. Take this join-in tour to have an ultimate Tibet tour at a very reasonable pri ...
This Lhasa join-in group tour is to have a classic Lhasa tour with low cost. You will visit the should-not-missed sigh ...
Questions & Comments
Find something useful to you at Easy Tour China website.
China City Tours
Senior Travel Specialist
I would like to say that our tour was great! It was everything we hoped it would be and so much more. Your planning and tour guides were just the best. I can't thank you enough for everything you did. It was a trip of a lifetime.