Shanghai Weekend Getaway to Nearby Water Towns: How to Get There
Around Shanghai scatters several ancient water towns – the nearby Zhujiajiao and Jiangnan’s top six water cities, all in sharp contrast with the modern, efficient, cosmopolitan and gaudy Shanghai. For those looking for weekend fun or ancient town exploration to these places, here are the important transportation tips:
Shanghai – Zhuajiajiao (61km):
take Subway line 8 at Renmen Square Station (人民广场站), get off at Lujiabing Road Station (陆家浜路站), then switch to Subway line 9 and get off at Dongjing Station (洞泾站). Walk for 40 meters to get to the Tangqiao Station (塘桥站) and take Shanghai-Zhujiajiao special-line bus
Shanghai - Luzhi Town (72km):
1. Take Subway line 1 and get off at Zhongshan Road (N) Station, here you can take the scheduled bus directly to Luzhi in Zhongshan Bus Station
2. Take Shanghai-Suzhou bullet train to get to Suzhou first, then take Bus No.518 to Luzhi Town Station
3. Get to Kunshan first, then take bus to Luzhi Town
Shanghai – Zhouzhuang Water Town (70km):
1. Take regular bus to Zhouzhuang in Shanghai Tourist Bus Center (Add: 666 Tianyaoqiao Road, Xuhui, near Shanghai Stadium)
2. Take Shanghai-Kunshan bullet train to get to Kunshan first, transfer to Bus No.88 to Xinke Station (新客站), then take Bus No.130 to your destination Zhouzhuang Town.
Shanghai – Tongli Water Town (90km):
1. Take the regular bus to Tongli in Shanghai Tourist Bus Center (Add: 666 Tianyaoqiao Road, Xuhui, near Shanghai Stadium)
2. Shanghai long distance bus station (1662, Zhongxing Road) – Tongli
Shanghai – Nanxun Water Town (150km): Take the regular bus to Nanxun in Shanghai Tourist Bus Center (Add: 666 Tianyaoqiao Road, Xuhui, near Shanghai Stadium)
Shanghai – Wuzhen Water Town (130km):
there are scheduled buses going to Wuzhen every day from Shanghai long distance bus station (south), address: 666, Shilong Road, Shanghai
Shanghai – Xitang Water Town (85km):
1. Take the bullet train from Shanghai Hongqiao Train Station to Jiashan South Train Station (嘉善火车南站), then take a taxi to Xitang.
2. Take regular bus from Shanghai Long-Distance Bus Terminal or Shanghai long distance bus station (south) to Jiashan Bus Terminal (嘉善客运站), then take a taxi to Xitang.