China Walking/Hiking Tours
Have your walking boots ready for an active adventure through China. The Easy Tour China walking and hiking tours combine great walks, hikes & treks, fabulous sightseeing excursions and unique cultural experiences.
Featuring an amazingly diverse landscape of mountains, valleys, gorges, rivers and primeval forests, and a wealth of larger-than-life historic sites, China boasts some of the best hiking trails in the world. When you travel with ETC - with plenty of itinerary choices, tailor-made service and expert local guides – you can have almost everything you desire. The tours are a wonderful blend of exploring the natural wonders and learning Chinese traditional culture and its rich history. Discover the Great Wall, Tiger Leaping Gorge, Yellow Mountain and incredible beauty of South China Karst while hiking the trails.
Apart from the classic hikes, our guests can walk off the beaten track to the remote mountainous areas and truly untouched heaven-like villages that have resisted modern influence to retain their thousands-old characters. Furthermore, our private guided hiking and trekking tours in China will appeal to active individuals with a sense of adventure who want to witness and experience the local people and lifestyle first-hand.
Tailor-made ToursOur custom walking/hiking trips ensures flexibility for dates, destinations, walking pace and can be suitable to different levels of fitness and abilities.
Hike like a LocalLed by a local hiking expert, who are passionate and regional knowledgeable, you can walk and hike with back roads and experience authentic homestays.
Responsible TravelInstead of getting from point to point for sightseeing, explore and learn about China on your feet, to unveil the unexplored environment and ancient wonders.
SafetyWith our experience, especially the local guides’, we get your back, to make sure your hiking trips in China safe, worry-free, memorable and enjoyable.
Walking/Hiking Tours in China with Classic Site Visits
- Destinations: Beijing - Xian - Guilin - Yangshuo - Hong Kong
- Hike Jinshanling, Jiankou & Mutianyu Great Wall
- Bike Yangshuo countryside, Hike Longji Rice Terraces & Li River
- Walking trip of Dragon's Back trail for Hong Kong’s coast scenery
- Destinations: Beijing - Xi'an - Lijiang - Kunming - Guilin - Yangshuo - Hong Kong
- Walking delight of Jinshanling Great Wall
- Trek Tiger Leaping Gorge & explore Lijiang Old Town
- Cruise Li River, Hike Longsheng Backbone Rice Terraces
- Destinations: Beijing - Xi'an - Guilin - Yangshuo - Hangzhou - Huangshan - Shanghai
- Climb Jingshan Park to view Forbidden City, Hike the Great Wall
- Encounter thousands of Terracotta Warriors from two millennium ago
- Hike Yellow Mountain & wander around West Lake
Best China Hiking/Trekking Trips
6-day Guilin & Yangshuo Hiking GetawayOne of the iconic hikes in China, Guilin offers active walking experience of Karst hills, Li River, Longji Terraced Fields (for ethnic minority culture).
7-day the Great Wall HikingAn authentic hiking trip of the Great Wall allows you to discover some wild, lesser-visited sections of the Great Wall and savor up history.
6-day Zhangjiajie Hiking AdventureThe trip covers Zhangjiajie’s best hiking trails from Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, Tianmen Mountain to Grand Canyon, with incredible skywalk.
6-day Yellow Mountain Hiking TourClimb up Yellow Mountain along steep trails for magnificent cliffs, peculiar rocks and pine trees… Walk along the ancient trails from Hongcun to Xidi Village.
9-day Tiger Leaping Gorge & Yubeng Village TrekkingFor walking lovers and serious hikers, don’t miss Tiger Leaping Gorge & Yubeng Village that offer truly incredible trekking experience in China.
5-day Tiger Leaping Gorge Hiking & Lijiang AdventureHike Tiger Leaping Gorge trails for 2 days to track the old Tea-horse Trading Route, and enjoy Lijiang culture, , history, architecture and food.
5-day Lhasa to Ganden Monastery Walking TourEmbark on your Lhasa journey hiking around Ganden Monastery and enjoying insider access to local family with cooking class and see sky-burial platform.
4-day Dunhuang Gobi Desert Walking TourSet foot on the great Silk Road for historical sites. Walk in the desert of Singing Sand Dune and discover the ruins of the Great Wall of Han dynasty.
3-day Hangzhou Walking TourFrom the West Lake and Longjing Tea Village to Hangzhou’s ancient trails, this trip allows you to discover the cultural Hangzhou on foot.
4-day Yangshuo Hiking Tour to Li River & XingpingWe guide you to hike the best trails of Yangshuo. Walk around Li River, ancient fishing village and countryside. Jungle trekking is also available.
3-day Great Wall Trekking with Camping TourWith expert trail guides for the Great wall hike, experience the charms of Gubeikou, Jinshanling, Jinkou and Mutianyu. Camp on the Great Wall!
4-day Hong Kong Walking TourThe leisure walk tour is ideal for active travelers to explore Hong Kong Dragon’s Back Trail, city highlights, landmarks, back streets and cultural heritages.
What Customers Say about Us
Common Questions about China walking/Hiking Tours
What are the best hikes in China?
There are many amazing hikes in China, close to the cities or scarred over the mountain areas. Here we list some of the best hikes that are workable for most travelers:
1. The Great Wall of China
2. Tiger Leaping Gorge
3. Yellow Mountain
4. Li River & Longji Rice Terraces
5. Mount Hua
6. Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, Tianmen Mountain & Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon
7. Yubeng Village around Meili Snow Mountain Area
Best time to hike
Best time to hike the Great Wall is from April to November.
• Best time to hike Li River and Longji Rice Terraces in Guilin is from middle of April to October.
• Best time to hike Tiger Leaping Gorge is spring and autumn, when the temperatures are mild with lower humidity.
• Best time to hike Yellow Mountain from April to November.
• Best time to trek Yubeng Village is from Mid-April to May, September and October.
What to Pack
Please keep luggage to a minimum – you will need to carry it yourself at airports. The baggage allowance is normally 20kg for checked-in luggage and 5kg for hand luggage.
It's best to take a layered approach to cope with the differing temperatures you are likely to experience. You will find dress in the hotels very casual, though you may wish to take one smarter outfit. During sightseeing, you may visit temples or religious buildings in which dress restrictions apply so please ensure you have appropriate clothing.
• Walking Boots – well worn–in, with good ankle support and strong- ridged soles with good tread and spare boot laces
• Loop-pile socks – some find one thick and one thin pair reduces the risk of blisters.
• Spare clothing – several thinner layers are better than one thick layer
• Waterproof trousers and jacket – with hood
• Long trousers and long-sleeved shirts with collars - as protection from the sun.
• Sun hat
• Swimming costume and swimming cap (for use in hotel pools).
• Comfortable clothes - for evenings
• Comfortable shoes – for sightseeing
• Insect / mosquito repellent, camera, umbrella
What else to pack on the walks/hikes/treks?
First Aid Kit – including plasters, painkillers, antiseptic
• wipes and lipsalve
• Sun protection – sunglasses; high factor sun screen and lip protection
• Water bottle – with at least 1 litre capacity
• Collapsible stick – many people find these useful for walking on rough and slippery terrain
• Lightweight survival bag
• A small rucksack and a small second bag – a bin liner will keep contents dry if it rains