The Scariest Stairs and Plank Roads in China
For those enjoying a challenge, you’re encouraged to try China’s most awe-inspiring plank roads built on the cliff or totally transparent hanging on the abyss, as well as the near vertical stairs. In return, you will be rewarded with captivating views of nature. Just keep in mind that watch your every step as you walk on it and climb up.
1. Changkong Plank Road on Huashan Mountain – these wooden walkways are fastened to the cliffs with iron bolts and chains, and looking down the bottomless gulfs. How frightening!
2. Huashan Mountain Heavenly Stairs – maybe because people get so faint and dizzy when climbing the stairs, so no one knows how many steps on this walkway.
3. Glass Skywalk on Tianmen Mountain – 60 m long, 1.6 m wide, with a height of 1430 m, the glass corridor is part of the Guigu Plank Road, and offers an unobscured, breathtaking view of Tianmen Mountain.
4. The Glass Bridge of Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon is known as the world’s highest, longest glass bridge and has the world’s highest bungee jump platform.
5. The 300-feet ladder on the vertical cliff offers an exciting, thrilling experience to the Taihang Mountain in North China. However, it is only available to people younger than 60 years old.
6. One of China’s top four Buddhist grottoes, the grottoes on Maijishan Mountain are connected by these scary, zig-zag plank roads.