China Tours from Hong Kong
Why start your China tour from Hong Kong?
Hong Kong is an important hub in East Asia with direct international flights to and from every continent in the major cities in Oceania, Europe and North America, which is served with at least one daily flight while more frequent connections to other Asian cities. Macau is available by speed boat from Hong Kong, whiles Hong Kong is also the convenient gateway to mainland China. Travelers can transfer between Hong Kong and Guangzhou, Shanghai, Beijing or other popular destinations by daily flights and high speed trains easily.
Hong Kong is a dynamic modern city with amazing mixed cultures. It offers great shopping opportunities, modern skyscrapers, beautiful seaside scenery, a wide spectrum of cuisine as well as interesting historical sites. Its abundant connections with other part of the world make it a good starting point for your China tours!
How to Plan a China Trip from Hong Kong
Step 1: Plan your Hong Kong trip
A holiday paradise, Hong Kong is full of charm and surprise. Experience the sights, sounds and tastes of Hong Kong in 2 days. (Perhaps allow another day for relaxation) Here is a sample itinerary.
Day 1 Hong Kong Island half day tour to Victoria Peak, Repulse Bay, Stanley Market, Victoria Harbour, afternoon free time for shopping and food tasting
Day 2 Hong Kong’s heritage and culture tour: Heritage Trail in Pingshan, Sheung Wan
Step 2: Plan your trip from Hong Kong to Macau and Mainland China
A Hong Kong tour is sometimes extended to Macau (1-2 days), but usually more connected to mainland China. Travel from Hong Kong to Guilin (3 days) by high speed train to relax in the countryside of Yangshuo that is teeming with karst mountains. Chengdu (2 days) and Zhangjijie (3 days) are two great destinations to extend your trip if you wish to meet the giant panda and witness China’s most dramatic mountain peaks. Allow 3 or 4 days to explore Lhasa in Tibet, or make your way to Xian (2 days) directly, where the epic-size Terracotta Army awaits you. Beijing (3 days) and Shanghai (2 days) should not be missed either, as you can discover the country’s past and future.
Please be aware of visa policy when planning your trip, as travelers from about 160 countries can travel to Hong Kong without visas. But if you need to enter mainland China for multi-place tour, you are requested to obtain a Chinese visa, except that you are eligible for the 72-hour/144-hour transit visa exemption in some key cities.
Still have no idea? No worries, our one-to-one destination experts are here to customize your own China holiday.
10 Best Mainland China Tours from Hong Kong
Savor China’s charm on our well-designed tour packages. From Hong Kong, travel to South China to explore the legendary landscapes, mystic ancient towns and unknown villages. Further afield, set off for the journey to the north, to discover the essence of this magical nation with real life experience.
- See Hong Kong’s iconic landmarks, then experience the stunning karst landscape & countryside of Guilin.
- Marvel at the Terracotta Army and be mesmerised by the Silk Road culture in Xian.
- Pack a camera and your eyes for the Great Wall, Forbidden City, as well as the real life in hutong.
- Board a bullet train to the karst paradise of Guilin, enjoying boat cruise, countryside biking, Taiji practice and calligraphy learning.
- Embark an adventure to Zhangjiajie to see Avatar Hallelujah Mountain and challenge the sky walk on glass bridge.
- Experience the cultural charm and culinary delights of Xian and Wuhan, meeting with the Terracotta Warriors.
- Explore the magnificent Yellow Mountain and visit a beautiful ancient village before ending the trip in Shanghai.
- Visit big-name attractions of Macau including the Ruin's of St. Paul and the modern marvel, Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge.
- Spend 2 nights in Disney Resort, enjoying happiest family time exploring the theme parks, as well as the Ocean Park.
- Experience the vibrancy of Hong Kong as your family visit Victoria Peak, Aberdeen fishing Village and freely shop around.
- Explore UNESCO-protected South China karst in Guilin and Kunming, cruising Li River and wandering through Stone Forest.
- Revel in the exotic atmosphere of Lijiang Old Town, and enjoy walks in Tiger Leaping Gorge and Zhangjiajie.
- Get the insider access from your local guide in Chengdu and Guangzhou, get up-close-and-personal with the giant panda.