China Gobi Desert Adventures
The vast land of China is rich in Gobi desert, which spreads on the northwest, northeast and north of China. Easy Tour China offers private guided desert adventure and hiking tours mainly to Xinjiang, Gansu, Ningxia to explore Taklimakan, Gobi Desert along the Silk Road as well as Tengger, Badain Jaran Desert in Inner Mongolia.
The desert tours are specifically designed for adventure lovers, who are looking for unique experience in the wild and natural environments. Inside the endless sand dunes, there are also some historical and cultural relics left, which showcase the mystery and beauty of these areas.
On Easy Tour China tailor-made Gobi desert tours, travelers can enjoy various kinds of sand activities like Hiking, camel riding, car driving, camping, etc. Saddle up and ride into the wilderness of desert.
Recommended China Desert Tours
Like hiking the Great Wall, meeting Terra-cotta Army or a journey to the Everest, exploring the Gobi desert in China is truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Stretching along the great Silk Read, there are also numerous historical sites, lost ancient kingdom ruins, exotic cities, Buddhist temples, grottoes, Islamic mosques, apart from the vista scene of desert, to be discovered.
- Two days hiking through the dunes, sand hills and tranquil lakes.
- Capture the sunrise and sunset at desert.
- Experience the life at local family that feels beyond the reach of the modern world.
- Hike Crescent Lake & Singing Sand Dune for incredible views.
- Trek along the Great Wall of Han dynasty dating back to 2000 years ago.
- Tap into the Buddhist art of Mogao Grottoes and get an insight into local life at night market.
- Enjoy three days trek with camels and local guide into Taklamakan Desert.
- Take in the unique views of desert, from oasis, lake to farmland and village.
- Have fun with desert camping and bonfire.
- Meet Xinjiang people in bazaar and taste their food.
4-day Dunhuang Desert Camping TourDunhuang - Yumen Pass
4-day Dunhuang Desert Camping Tour
Looking for an active short tour package to Gobi Desert in China? Venture into Singing Sand Dunes & Crescent Lake, with active activities such as camel riding, camping, picnic and barbecue. There’s much more to discover, from Mogao Grottoes, Yumen Pass to the Great Wall of Han Dynasty.
6-day Badain Jaran Desert & Danxia LandformZhangye - Alxa Youqi - Shandan
6-day Badain Jaran Desert & Danxia Landform
Explore China’s second largest desert - Badain Jaran, where there are mythic sand dunes, serene oasis and over 100 lakes to be discovered. Enjoy yourself sand surfing, campfire, tent camping, and visit temple in the desert. Zhangye Danxia Geopark, the “Rainbow Mountain”, is another highlight of the trip.
12-day Xinjiang Desert DiscoveryUrumqi - Turpan - Korla - Kucha - Hotan - Kashgar
12-day Xinjiang Desert Discovery
For a desert tour in China, you should not miss Xinjiang, where Taklamakan - China’s largest desert – is located. On this trip, you’ll also get a new perspective on Xinjiang Muslim culture and the great Silk Road. Discover yourself ancient city ruins and wonders, spectacular landscape, and experience local lifestyle.
10-day Silk Road & Badain Jaran Desert TourLanzhou - Alxa Youqi - Zhangye - Jiayuguan - Dunhuang
10-day Silk Road & Badain Jaran Desert Tour
One of our most off-the-beaten track trips, it showcases the magic charm of the Silk Road, Gansu, Inner Mongolia and beautiful deserts. Pack your sense of adventure as you travel through Badain Jaran Desert, Mingsha Sand Dunes, Jiayuguan and discover the amazing Buddhist culture treasures.
8-day Xinjiang Desert Exploration by Camel RideUrumqi - Taklimakan desert – Kucha
8-day Xinjiang Desert Exploration by Camel Ride
Venture off the regular destinations and uncover the original wild beauty of Xinjiang and the Silk Road on this immersing, active adventure that takes you to Taklimakan Desert, the Islamic mosques, Buddhist temples and grottoes, and ancient city ruins. Desert camel riding is included.
6-day Ningxia Desert GetawayYinchuan - Tengger - Zhongwei – Yongning
6-day Ningxia Desert Getaway
Ningxia, a settlement of Hui nationality, is remote, exotic and enigmatic. This 5-day adventure showcases the charming history and wild landscape of this area, taking you to Tengger Desert, Maowusu Desert, the Great Wall of Ming dynasty in Helan mountains, the “Oriental Pyramid” …
6-day China Grassland & Desert DiscoveryHohhot - Baotou - Ordos - Yinchuan - Zhongwei - Yinchuan
6-day China Grassland & Desert Discovery
Travel deep into Inner Mongolia and Ningxia on this desert adventure, with the chance to witness China’s varied landscape, from grasslands, mountains, rivers to valleys and deserts. Experience yourself local culture and life, as you visit Mongolian’s tent, ride camel in Gobi desert, and explore the ancient temples and tombs.
China Desert Adventure Reviews
China Desert Tour Tips and Top Faqs
Does China have any deserts? What are the most famous deserts in China?
The total area of China's deserts is about 700,000 square kilometers, which is 1.28 million square kilometers, and 13 percent of the country's total land area, if including more than 500,000 square kilometers of gobi.
The top 8 deserts in China are:
1) Badain Jaran in Inner Mongolia
2) Taklimakan in Xinjiang, the biggest one in China
3) Gurbantunggut in Xinjiang
4) The Singing Sand Dunes and Crescent Moon Spring in Dunhuang
5) Tengger in Inner Mongolia
6) Shapotou in Ningxia
7) Kubuqi Desert in Inner Mongolia
8) Qaidam Basin Desert in Qinghai
When is the best time to visit the deserts in China?
- August to October is the best time to visit Badain Jaran;
- May to October is the best time to visit The Singing Sand Dunes and Crescent Moon Spring;
- September to November is the best time to visit Taklimakan;
- September to December is the best time to visit Gurbantunggut;
- Spring (March to May) and autumn (September November) is the best time to visit Shapotou;
- April, May September and October are the best months to visit Tengger;
What to pack for a trip to Gobi desert tour?
1. The desert is dry, windy and sandy with intense sunlight. You’re suggested to apply enough sunscreen and bring plenty of water.
2. For a desert hiking adventure, make sure you bring with enough water, hiking boots, sleeping bags, storm jackets, hats, etc. It is better for you to take a guided tour arranged by a professional travel agency. Follow the instructions of your local guide to avoid getting lost or other accidents.
3. Bring some commonly used medications, such as anti-bacterial anti-inflammatory drugs, motion sickness medicine, cold medicine and treatment of gastrointestinal discomfort medication.
How should I dress in the desert?
1. Wear layers of clothing, as there is large temperature difference between morning and evening in the deserts. Outdoor jacket, shirts and pants, cashmere pullovers, woolen socks, leather boots are needed.
2. Hood, hats, glasses, eye patch for wind and sand protection.
3. Prepare a sand cover for your camera, too.
Can you offer camel riding and camping in the deserts of China?
Yes. On our desert tours, there are camel riding and camping accommodations included. These are two good ways to explore the incredible landscape of desert and highly recommended by our previous clients. To camp in the desert, you will have great a chance to see the awe-inspiring starring sky.