Noodles with Soybean Paste: Best Recipe to Make it at Home
If you’re a foodie who loves all kinds of noodles in the world, from Hawaii’Saimin, Vietnam’s Pho, Myanmar’s Shan nooldes, Japan’s ramen to noodles with soy bean paste Beijing style, you must be desperate for a bow of noodles during the epidemic. Today we share the Beijing soybean paste noodles recipe, so you can learn how to make it at home and have an amazing gastronomic experience even if you can’t go out.
Noodles with soybean paste is one of the most famous noodles in China and popular especially among people in Beijing, Tianjin and Hebei Province. Authentic fried sauce noodles have half fermented soya paste and half sweet sauce, with diced streaky pork – a great choice for breakfast or lunch.
500 grams of Noodles
50 grams of soybean
30 grams of yellow bean sprout
100 grams of streaky pork
3 fresh shiitake mushroom
50 grams of celery
30 grams of carrot
30 grams of cucumber
30 grams of Chinese toon
1 bag of sweet bean sauce
1 bag of dry yellow sauce
Appropriate amount of salt, cooking oil, scallion, ginger, garlic, pepper, cooking wine (or beer)
Step-by-stey Cooking Instructions
1. Cut the scallion into 5 and 6cm long sections. Cut the 2 sections into minced pieces, and cut the remaining into filaments and set aside.
2. Slice - 5 or 6-cm long cucumber and set aside.
3. Finely chop two cloves of garlic, a small piece of ginger and half a small onion.
4. Cut the remaining vegetables into 5 mm cubes.
5. Heat up a pan with 3 teaspoon of oil over the fire. When the oil starts to bubble, turn to medium fire, and stir in with prepared onion, ginger, scallions and garlic until fragrant.
6. Add 2 tablespoons of soybean sauce, 1 teaspoon of dry yellow sauce, 1 teaspoon of chicken soup concentrate, and continue to stir.
7. Stir fry the prepared carrots for about half a minute.
8. Continue to stir-fry after adding the meat mince for another 15 seconds.
9. Finally add the diced green pepper, a small amount of salt, a spoonful of MSG, stir fry for another 15 seconds. Remove it onto a plate. The sauce is ready.
10. Bring a pot of water to a boil and then cook the noodles for 5 minutes. You may stir the noodles with chopsticks.
11. Remove the noodles onto a bowl, topped with hot sauce, sprinkle with shredded cucumber and scallion. Yummy, yummy!
- There are a lot of ingredients used in miscellaneous sauce, but the amount is not large. Take small pieces, dry the rest with kitchen paper towels, put them in a plastic bag and store them in the refrigerator.
- The manual thick noodle ensures the most authentic taste of Beijing soybean paste noodles. If possible, you can knead and roll the dough by yourself.
- It it suggested to cook noodles with high temperature fire. When the water boils, turn the fire into medium heat, continue to cook for two minutes.
Even though it is so much fun to cook food at home, we still hope that the epidemic will be ended as soon as possible, so that you may travel with us to have an authentic food tour in China and make authentic noodles with soy bean paste in Beijing.